At 3PM, we love helping businesses like yours implement a bloody good social media strategy in order to dominate the competition and grow. But what’s the best approach?
Facebook is the most popular social media platform out there, with 2.74 billion monthly active users – over half of who visit a local business page at least once a week. If you get your Facebook marketing right, your reach can be seriously huge. The best part? It’s free.
Obviously, you don’t want to set up any old Facebook page – you want it to REALLY deliver and work for you. When you look online for social media tips, it can take so much time to sift through all of the info out there.
The team at 3PM like to keep things simple [and always effective], so we’ve put together our top six Facebook marketing tips that we think you need to know.
- Ever wondered how content goes viral? When more people comment on a post, Facebook is more likely to show that post to others. That means creating content that your ideal customer will genuinely find appealing.
Is your content visually attractive? Will it spark an interesting discussion? Is it relatable? For some businesses, a photo of your cat sitting on your laptop as you WFH could get just the interaction you need. For others, stats about your industry could float your buyer personas boat.
- Tracking your results can help you figure out what’s working and what needs to improve. Monitoring how much engagement you get means that you can build on the good stuff and stop wasting time on posts that only get likes from your best mate’s cousin.
As with any digital marketing strategy, knowing where you’ve been is as important as knowing where you’re going. Facebook’s internal analytics tool, Facebook Page Insights, lets business owners measure page likes, post reach, shares, and comments.
- Providing amazing customer service through your Facebook page is just as important as with any other channel. As more and more people choose to connect with businesses over social media, it’s more important than ever to nail your Facebook customer service approach. That means responding quickly, professionally and helpfully to customers – every single time.
- As with any digital marketing activity, posting with intent can help you achieve the exact results you want. Hoping to drive customers to a landing page? Want to offer a promotion that ties in with your seasonal marketing activities?
Thinking about measurable results that you want to achieve from your posts in advance means that your social media campaigns will tie into your overall digital marketing goals in a way that really works for your business.
- Sharing user-generated content [UGC] can boost your social proof and save you a lot of time. When potential customers see other people interacting with you brand in a positive way, the more social proof you’ll get – it’s a bit like FOMO.
Posting great reviews, encouraging customers to share photos using your product or service, and allowing users to be a part of your page in a personal way can strengthen bonds and draw in brand new customers.
- Although setting up an amazing Facebook page can be done for free, using paid Facebook ads can really level up the returns on your social media efforts.
With Facebook advertising and sponsored posts, you can narrow down your audience and reach new clients more quickly. You decide on your monthly budget and use that to target customers based on specific demographics, interests, and traits.
Need some extra tips?
Although everyone and their dog has a social media account, using platforms like Facebook as part of your digital marketing strategy can still be a challenge. Implementing the most relevant tactics for your business is a whole other ball game to taking a snap of your Friday night take out and sharing it with a few friends.
When you need tailored, professional digital marketing advice – 3PM are here to help. We know what we’re doing when it comes to social media and we love helping businesses increase their sales and grow.
Give us a call today to speak to one of our friendly team on 1300 883 86